From Hamburg to Sydney, from Durban to Rio de Janeiro: as one of the world's leading liner shipping companies, each year we ship millions of containers from and to all regions of the world. "Number one for quality" is our promise to our customers and an attribute with which we want to distinguish ourselves clearly from our competitors. Join us on this journey.
We look forward to meeting you and hopefully we will soon say: Welcome on board!
The Centre, located in Gdańsk, will function as a hub for innovation and develop state-of-the-art business and technology solutions to help us navigate the future. And we want to do that together with you.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a:
Buyer Spare Parts (12 months fixed term contract)
Responsibilties and tasks:
- Execution of daily administrative activities as part of the global supply chain for the supply of spare parts and ship supplies to ocean-going vessels. In particular the creation and distribution of purchase orders according requisitions from vessels, order data reconciliation in the SAP MM system as well as tracking of delivery dates as well as responsibility for punctuality.
- Input of goods receipt notes (GRN) into the SAP MM system as well as clarification of discrepancies between purchase order and invoice in the context of invoice processing.
- Support in the extension of the vendor and material master database in the SAP MM system.
- Creation of procurement reports.
- Administrative execution of procurement tasks, especially on the SAP MM platform.
- Responsibility and authorisation to create and adjust purchase orders based on correct original information and within agreed limit ranges.
- Responsibility and authorisation to create vendor and material master data based on authorised information.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree, preferably in procurement and logistics management,
- Maritime and shipping knowledge or interest, as well as accounting knowledge or interest will be an asset
- SAP knowledge
- MS Office knowledge
- Good command of English, German is a plus
- Preferably 1-2 years of operative procurement experience, shared services experience, accounting experience or interest, maritime or shipping experience or interest
What we can offer to you
Are you eager to join a leading global logistics company to participate in digital transformation and change the maritime industry? Are you looking for a purposeful and meaningful job? If you have a passion and want to grow with us, join Hapag-Lloyd’s Knowledge Center in Gdańsk! We can offer you:
- International career opportunities
- Structured annual performance review
- Benefit Platform
- Access to the Learning Management System
- Fruit days
- Modern, ergonomic office, including height adjustable desks
- Bike storage, showers, lockers
- Private medical healthcare
- Sports package
- Group life insurance
- Flexible working hours and home office options
- Attractive and market-oriented remuneration and annual bonus
What does it mean to join a leading global liner shipping company? It means that you will have access to leading technology and career opportunities all around the world. You will be working with a competitive team of experts from diverse background, making sure the world keeps moving. Flat hierarchies and an innovative and performance driven culture, give you the chance to make a real impact.
Let’s navigate the future together!